When I was 16 years old, I moved in with a indian guy ...He taught me to make these dosa's.I found them be real simple, compared to the long process of making it traditionally.I hope you enjoy this recipe..Do let me know how it worked out....
- Ready In:
- 24hrs 2mins
- 1 cup urad dal flour
- 3 cups rice flour
- 6 cups buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon salt, more salt if needed
- 1 teaspoon fenugreek seeds
- vegetable oil
- Mix the urad dal flour and rice flour.
- Slowly add in buttermilk until it drops from the spoon smoothly. A blender will ease this process.
- Add salt and fenugreek seeds to taste.
- Refrigerate batter overnight in an air-tight container.
- Heat oil in pan. Pour the dosa into the pan quickly. Use the bottom of a ladle to spread it thin and GENTLY smooth it out in a circle motion. Too hard and you will tear the dosa.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I made this a long time ago and forgot to review it. This is a very nice fast recipe for an instant dosa. The buttermilk adds the sour taste that you would get from fermenting the traditional rice and lentil dosa batter. This recipe thickens overnight, so add some water to thin it in the morning if you need to. You really need to serve this with something spicey like a chutney, potato curry and/or sambar.Reply