Pecan Squares-Paula Deen
I haven't tried these yet but they sound so good! I found this recipe in Paula's book Paula Deen Celebrates. Here is her description of the recipe: "This is an old-fashioned boiled cookie. I cut these into very tiny pieces, as they are very sweet, like a praline."
- Ready In:
- 6hrs 30mins
- 4 eggs
- 1 lb light brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups pecans, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray a 9x13 pan with cooking spray and dust with flour.
- In a medium bowl, beat the eggs with a whisk.
- Stir in the brown sugar until smooth.
- Pour into the top of a double boiler.
- Cook the mixture over simmering water for 20 minutes, stirring constantly, until it reaches the soft boil stage on a candy thermometer, 240 degrees.
- Let cool for 5 minutes.
- Sift the flour and baking powder together then stir it into the cooked mixture.
- Add vanilla and pecans.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and place the pan in the oven.
- Bake for 12 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely in the pan before cutting into pieces.
- Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container.