Peanut Butter Penuche
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
A rich yet simple to make peanut butter Fudge. The brown sugar gives it a nice caramel like flavor
- Ready In:
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 cups packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Butter the bottom and sides of a heavy 4-quart saucepan.
- In pan, combine the sugars, milk, corn syrup and salt.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until sugars dissolve and mixture begins to boil.
- Reduce heat; attach candy thermometer to pan.
- Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until thermometer reads 236°F.
- Remove from heat; add peanut butter but do not stir it in; set pan aside.
- Do not stir or move pan during cooling.
- When thermometer reaches 115°F, add vanilla extract.
- Beat by hand until mixture loses its gloss; pour into buttered pan.
- When penuche is only slightly warm, cut into small squares.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Definitely a hit. My boyfriend loves fudge and peanut butter, and asked for me to make some for him. I tried this recipe and WOW it was so easy and tasty. I may have stirred it too much at the end, before pouring it in the pan, because it was very very stiff and didn't pour at all. I had to press it down with saran-wrap covered hands, and once it rested/cooled a bit, it was just great. Very tasty.Reply