- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 8 tablespoons butter (1 stick)
- 6 medium peaches, peeled and halved
- cinnamon (optional)
- 1 1 cup sour cream or 1 cup yogurt
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together flour, 1/4 C of the sugar, and salt.
- Cut in butter, using the tips of your fingers, to a coarse meal texture.
- Press mixture evenly into bottom and up sides of deep 9-10-inch pie plate.
- Make top neat.
- Arrange peaches over the crust and sprinkle with remaining 3/4 C of sugar.
- Dust with cinnamon if desired.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together cream (or other) and eggs until well blended.
- After 15 minutes, remove crostata and pour egg and cream mixture over it.
- Return to oven for another 30 minutes until well set.
- Serve warm (not hot) or at room temperature.
- Crostata is best if never refrigerated.
- Make be baked several hours ahead.
- Can be kept at room temperature for up to 24 hours.
- Nectarines may be substituted for the peaches.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!