- Ready In:
- Pam cooking spray
- 12 ounces cherry tomatoes, red, halved
- 12 ounces cherry tomatoes, yellow, halved
- 1⁄4 cup capers, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt, plus extra for seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper, plus extra for seasoning
- 1⁄2 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 lb ziti pasta
- 1 1⁄4 cups pecorino romano cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- Place an oven rack in the center of the oven. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Butter an 8-by-8-inch glass baking dish. Set aside.
- Place the tomatoes, capers, 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in the prepared baking dish. Toss to coat. Sprinkle the breadcrumbs over the tomato mixture. Drizzle the top with olive oil and bake for 30 to 35 minutes until the top is golden. Cool for 5 minutes.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the pasta and cook until tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally, about 8 to 10 minutes. Drain and reserve about 1 cup of the pasta water.
- Place the pasta in a large serving bowl. Spoon the tomato mixture onto the pasta. Add the cheese and toss well. Thin out the sauce with a little pasta water, if needed. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Sprinkle with the chopped parsley and serve immediately.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This is to die for, it's right up my alley I love foods with tons of flavor! I used all red cherry tomatoes and added also add in chopped fresh garlic and crushed chili flakes, I also increased the olive oil, absolutey delicious with cooked pasta and one I will make again soon, thank you for sharing this great recipe Chicaco, this was it for the Pink event
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I love to try new recipes and often try so many new recipes that I forget about all the great ones I've already made. My focus in cooking is to cook healthy and lower in fat without compromising the taste of the food.