Old Fashion Beef Stew
A great and easy dish to make. My family loves this. It is an old family recipe!
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 10mins
- 2 lbs round steaks, cut into cubes
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- salt and pepper
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 3 cups beef stock
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped celery leaves
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cups carrots
- 2 cups potatoes
- Roll the meat in the flour seasoned with salt and pepper.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan and brown the meat on all sides.
- Stir in the garlic, thyme and beef stock. Mix well and bring to a boil.
- Add parsley, celery leaves, onion and bay leaf.
- Cov er and simmer for 2 1/2 hours or until meat is tender.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I'm giving this recipe 5-stars based on flavor alone, although there is a problem with the recipe itself as it doesn't say what to do with the potatoes and carrots. I decided to make it in a slow cooker so I didn't have to babysit it. I placed the chopped potatoes and carrots in the bottom while the beef was browning on the stove-top. Then I added the beef stock, the beef cubes and the rest of the ingredients. I also added a 1/4 cup of sherry. I cooked it for 8-hours on low. Yummy! Made for Potluck tag 2010.Reply