Nutella Bread Pudding
- Ready In:
- 1hr 25mins
- oil, for greasing pan
- 1⁄4 cup nutella
- 8 slices bread, crusty day old (about 4 cups when cut into 1/2-inch cubes, or 8 slices nutella babka)
- 4 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups milk (soy is fine)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease an 8 by 8-inch square pan with oil.
- Spread Nutella on four slices of bread and top with remaining pieces of bread. Cut the sandwiches into 1/2-inch cubes.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, sugar and vanilla until very smooth. Stir in milk and add the bread. Let the mixture sit for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan. Bake until the pudding is set in the center, about 55 minutes. Let cool for 15 minutes. Slather the top with more Nutella, if desired. Bread pudding is best hot out of the oven, or refrigerated after a day. Microwaving it makes it rubbery.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!