Not Too Salty Chicken Brine
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 15mins
- 1 roasting chicken
- 4 cups water
- 1⁄4 cup kosher salt (bigger crystals)
- 1⁄8 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon paprika (hungarian, smoked, it doesn't matter)
- 1 tablespoon fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1⁄2 tablespoon dried thyme
- 3 minced garlic cloves or 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 lemon, quartered
- Rinse and dry the chicken.
- Mix all ingredients except lemon.
- Squeeze the lemon juice into the brine.
- Place two lemon quarters into the cavity of the bird.
- Place everything into a food safe storage bag. Remove all air and shut the bag.
- Make sure some brine is inside the bird's cavity.
- Place in the refrigerator at least 4 hours up to 24 hours.
- Cook chicken as instructed in the recipe you are following.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!