Mushroom and Leek Pie
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Great brunch or light supper recipe. From Taste of Home
- Ready In:
- 1 pie crust, for 9-inch single crust pie
- 12 ounces fresh mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 medium leek, white portion only, halved and sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 eggs
- 3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place pastry in 9" pie plate. Trim pastry to 1/2" beyond rim of plate; flute edge. Refrigerate while preparing filling.
- Wipe mushrooms clean with damp towel. Trim stems; quarter or slice large mushrooms.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoons butter over medium-high heat. Add leek; cook and stir 2-3 minutes or until tender. Remove from pan.
- In same pan, heat remaining butter over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms; cook 4-6 minutes or until tender and liquid has evaporated. Stir in leek, salt and pepper. Cool slightly.
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup cheese onto bottom of pastry-lined pie plate. Top with mushroom mixture; sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs and cream until blended; pour over top of cheese-mushroom mixture.
- Bake on lower rack 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION