Matzo Brei or Fried Matzo
photo by Greeny4444
- Ready In:
- Beat the eggs (like you're about to make scrambled eggs) in a medium-size bowl, and set aside.
- Wet each matzo sheet under warm running water, until thoroughly wet and easy to break apart. Shake the excess water from the matzo.
- Break the matzo sheets into pieces in the bowl with the beaten eggs, until all the matzo is broken up.
- Spray a pan with cooking spray and heat it on the stovetop on medium-high heat.
- Mix the egg and matzo together, so the egg coats the matzo, and pour into the heated pan.
- Cook as you are cooking scrambled eggs, until desired doneness.
- Once the food is plated, sprinkle lightly with salt, to taste.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am an active lady, and I am not the top chef in the world, but I can hold my own. I love making things that remind me of when I was little, I love trying out new recipes, and I love learning new things to cook. Most of the recipes I post are recipes I loved that I found online, but that I have tweaked just a bit. I do have some family recipes on here too. I love to bake, probably more than anything else in the kitchen. I love to bike ride. I like to read, travel, kayak (I've only been twice, but I loved it), hike, camp, basically any outdoorsy/active stuff.?