Low-Fat No Boil Lasagna
I was inspired by the recipe on the back of the Mullers box. I came up with this low-fat version of the original, but don't tell DH it is low fat, he'll never know otherwise. The secret ingredient is cornstarch this keeps the wateriness (is that a word) out of the fat free cheese.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- 8 ounces lasagna noodles (1/2 box or 9 noodles)
- 2 (26 ounce) jars pasta sauce (choose low-fat, I prefer Ragu)
- 1 (20 ounce) package ground turkey breast (99% fat free)
- 2 tablespoons Mrs. Dash garlic and herb seasoning (divided)
- 15 ounces fat-free ricotta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup egg substitute
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 cups 2% mozzarella cheese (divided)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Brown ground turkey and season with 1 T Mrs Dash.
- Add pasta sauce to meat.
- In medium bowl combine, Ricotta cheese, 1T Mrs Dash, egg substitute, parmesan cheese, cornstarch and 1 cup mozzarella. Mix well.
- In a 9x13-inch pan, layer 1 cup sauce, 3 noodles, 1/2 of ricotta mixture, and 1/3 of additional sauce. Continue layers ending with additional sauce.
- Bake covered for 55 minutes, uncover sprinkle with additional cheese and bake for 5 more minutes. Let stand for 15 minutes before serving.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation
This is so delicious! My family and I loved this!! I am trying to eat healthier these days and love lasagna! This turned out so well, I know I will make it this way from now on. I made a double batch and took one pan of it to a friend who just had a baby. She and her family loved it too. And no one but me knew it was a healthy version! Thanks for a great recipe!
Delicious and easy! I made this close to the directions, but did use low-fat (I didn't find fat-free ricotta in the market, they may have been out) and decided to use eggs instead of the sub. My lasagna noodles look thinner than the other photo, so I won't post here, but this was really tasty and eay - thanks for a great lo-cal and fat recipe - even with my switches!!