Low Fat " Mc Donald's" French Fries
I got this from Devin Alexander's cookbook, Fast Food Fix. They are wonderful! They taste very close to a full fat version of McDonald's fries. Enjoy!
- Ready In:
- Bring water to boil in a saucepan over high heat. Add one teaspoon of salt.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Peel potatoes and slice into 1/4 inch fries.
- Weigh the potatoes and measure out 9 ounces.
- Transfer potatoes to boiling water and cook exactly 2 1/2 minutes.
- Drain in colander and let cool (about 5 minutes).
- Transfer cooled potatoes to a mixing bowl and add oil and 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Mix gently to coat.
- Spread in a single layer on a non stick baking sheet.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until crisp and golden.
- Turn every five minutes during the last half of cooking.
- Add the remaining salt if desired. (I found them plenty salty without).
- Note: Mine took 30 minutes to achieve the right level of crispiness--so check for crispness before removing from the oven.
- Chef Alexander states that this recipe is equal to a medium order of fries and has 5 grams of fat (as opposed to 17 grams of fat in the original version).
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Very good fries! My DS's didn't think they tasted like McDonald's but they are 5 and 2 yrs so nothing is the same. I think they tasted similar; I decreased the amount of salt as well. Next time I will have to sharpen my knife really well first so I can get them even smaller, closer to fast food size (mine were a little wider). Made for I Recommend Tag.Reply
see 29 more