Lolo Buns - Fijian Coconut Buns
- Ready In:
- To make the buns place the flour, yeast and sugar in a bowl.
- Melt the butter and add the milk. When warm add the egg and beat well.
- Pour this into the flour mix and form into a soft dough.
- Turn out and knead until smooth and shiny - about 10 minutes.
- Place in an oiled bowl and roll the dough around until its covered in the oil.
- Cover with cling wrap and leave until double in size.
- Turn out and knock down. Divide into 15 pieces and shape each into a smooth bun shape.
- Place in greased/oiled cake pan so they are just touching and set aside to rise again until doubled in size.
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Pour over coconut milk. It should just cover the buns. Bake for 35-40 mins or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and eat while still warm.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!