Lime Curd Tart
- Ready In:
- 2⁄3 cup sliced almonds, toasted until golden and cooled completely
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup vanilla wafer crumbs (from about 30 1-1/2 inch cookies)
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 cup cold unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1 tablespoon cold unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 4 large eggs, beaten lightly
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lime juice (from about 4 limes)
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated lime zest (from about 2 limes)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and butter a 9-inch tart pan with a removable fluted rim.
- In a food processor pulse almonds, sugar and salt until almonds are ground fine.
- In a bowl toss nut mixture with cookie crumbs and butter until combined well.
- Sprinkle half of crumb mixture onto bottom of pan near rim, pressing evenly up side.
- Sprinkle remaining crumb mixture onto bottom and press evenly over bottom, joining edge.
- Bake crust in lower third of oven 10 minutes, or until a deeper shade of golden brown, and cool on a rack.
- In a heavy saucepan cook sugar, butter, eggs and lime juice over moderately low heat, whisking frequently until thick enough to hold marks of whisk and first bubbles appear on surface -- about 12-15 minutes.
- Stir in zest and cool. (Filling may be made 1 week ahead and chilled, its surface covered with plastic wrap.).
- Spoon filling evenly into crust and cover surface with a buttered round of wax paper.
- Chill tart, covered, at least 1 hour and up to 24.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!