Lemon Lavender Cookies
Don't worry, even though this recipe sounds a tad weird, it's subtle and I think, delicious. It kinda reminds me of the recipe in my gluten free cookbook for Rosemary Hazelnut Cookies. http://www.elanaspantry.com/lemon-lavender-cookies/
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄4 cups blanched almond flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon celtic sea salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons dried lavender, finely minced
- 1⁄4 cup grapeseed oil
- 3 tablespoons agave nectar
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1. Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- 2. Stir together wet ingredients in a smaller bowl.
- 3. Mix wet ingredients into dry.
- 4. Form ½ inch balls and press onto a parchment lined baking sheet.
- 5. Bake at 350° for 7-10 minutes.
- 6. Cool and serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Mmmm, nice little cookies, that is one thing I miss is cookies and these fit the bill I have heard of lavender shortbread and that was why I bought my lavender but I never got round to making them and I know that these are much better for me. I didn't use the agave nectar instead I used a sugar free syrup, I don't like agave, other than that I followed the recipe. I was unsure how they would spread and I wish I had pressed them down more but they were still nice maybe next time I will do better on my presentation. made for the diabetic forum May 2011.Reply