Leftover Steak Green Chili Burros Slow Cooker
photo by BakinBaby
- Ready In:
- 2 1⁄2 - 3 cups steak (leftover beef or pork steak or roast)
- 1⁄2 cup onion (chopped)
- 1⁄2 cup beef broth
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic (chopped or smashed)
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies (diced)
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2⁄3 - 1 cup beef broth
- sea salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 3 (10 inch) flour tortillas
- 1⁄2 cup cheese (jack,longhorn, whatever you have-shredded)
- Chop leftover steak or roast in 1/2" squares, add steak, onions and 1/2 cup broth to small crock pot, cook on high for 3 or 4 hours or until the meat is nice and tender.
- In a medium sized skillet add 1 T. olive oil and flour, cook over medium meat until it begins to thicken (about 3 min.).
- Add meat drippings and remaining beef broth to equal 2/3 cup (you may need to add more if the sauce is too dry.
- While cooking the sauce; add in cumin, red chili powder, garlic, green chilis, sea salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste. If the sauce isn't spicy enough for you; add cayenne now.
- Cook the sauce until it begins to thicken (about 3-4 min.) add in meat; mix to heat though.
- Heat tortillas on a griddle till nice and pliable; fill with meat mixture; add a tablespoon full or so of cheese, roll burro style.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!