Kentucky Bourbon Fudge
photo by DianaEatingRichly
- Ready In:
- 4 cups sugar
- 4 tablespoons cocoa
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1⁄4 cup of good Bourbon
- 16 ounces whole pecans
- In a heavy saucepan, mix sugar and cocoa until blended.
- Add milk and stir until blended.
- Add heat and slowly bring mixture to a boil. Allow mixture to boil up and dissolve sugar crystals on the sides of the pan.
- Boil until candy reaches the soft ball stage (230-240 degrees), stirring constantly.
- To test for "soft ball stage" drop a little of the candy mixture in clean, ice cold water. If you can roll it around with your finger and it holds together, it's ready.
- Remove from heat, and stir in bourbon.
- "Beat" mixture with a spoon, stirring briskly until the candy starts to crust around the sides of the saucepan and the mixture thickens considerably.
- Pour into a buttered 9x13 glass dish. Allow to cool slightly and cut into squares.
- Press a whole pecan into the top of each square.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I unfortunately didn’t have any bourbon on hand... who drank it all by the way?????? I used a mixture of mostly Jameson Irish Whiskey and a splash of Fireball. Super yummy! When I replenish my Bourbon though, I’ll be trying it again for the authenticity of the original recipe. Thanks, Cindy in ELk Grove, CA
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I enjoy this site and everyone's recipes so much.</p>