photo by Miryam MS
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 3⁄4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon espresso powder
- 3 eggs, at room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup warm water
- 1⁄2 cup Kahlua
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat milk
- 1 1⁄4 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 cup oat flour
- 3 teaspoons baking soda
- 8 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 7 -10 tablespoons of kahlua liquor
- 2 1⁄2 cups confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F Insert liners into a medium cupcake pan.
- Cream together oil, sugar, cocoa and vanilla. Add egg yolks.
- Add Kahlua, water, milk and mix well.
- Add flours, and baking soda.
- Beat egg whites on high speed until they from soft peaks. Fold in the egg whites into batter.
- Fill cupcake liners three quarters full. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of cupcakes comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 3-5 minutes and remove to a wire rack to completely cool.
- In a bowl mix cream cheese and milk.
- Add remaining ingredients and beat until desired consistency. Spread frosting on each muffin. Enjoy!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I love to cook and bake, that is why I joined this site, which by the way it is very useful. I really like the fact that most recipes contained nutrition facts. I am a registered dietitian thus I take very seriously what I eat and put into my family's mouth. Most of the recipes I try I alter to make them more nutritious and healthy which they end up tasting still just great. This summer I have had more time to try some recipes from the site and hopefully soon I will be able to post some of my own, so stay tune.