Juicy Turkey Burgers
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄4 lbs ground turkey (93% lean)
- 1⁄2 cup whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil or 1 tablespoon canola oil
- Combine the ground turkey, cheese, salt, pepper, Worcestershire sauce, and mustard in a bowl until blended.
- Divide the meat into 4 portions.
- Lightly toss one portion from hand to hand to form a ball, then lightly flatten the ball with your fingertips into a 1-inch patty.
- Repeat with the remaining portions.
- Heat the oil in a large heavy skillet (preferably cast iron or stainless steel with an aluminum core).
- over medium heat until very hot.
- Swirl the oil in the pan to coat the bottom.
- Add the burgers and cook over medium heat without moving them until the bottom of each is dark brown and crusted, 3-4 minutes.
- Turn the burgers over, continue to cook until the bottom is light brown but not yet crusted, 3-4 minutes.
- Decrease heat to low; position the cover slightly ajar on the pan and allow steam to escape, and continue to cook for 8-10 minutes longer, flipping once if necessary to promote deep browning, or until the center is completely opaque yet still juicy or an instant read thermometer reads 160°.
- Remove from the pan and serve immediately.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!