Joe's Teriyaki Pork and Broccoli Stir-Fry
photo by Smokin Joe of Wixom
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 lb pork, boneless
- 10 3⁄4 ounces chicken broth (1 can)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Burgundy wine
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1⁄8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 1⁄2 cups instant rice
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 1 small red bell pepper, sliced in strips
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 10 ounces frozen broccoli cuts
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- Partially freeze meat. Cut the meat into bite-sized pieces. Set aside.
- For sauce, stir together chicken broth, soy sauce, red wine, brown sugar, ginger, cornstarch and crushed red pepper. Set aside.
- Heat the water to boiling, add the rice, cover and remove from the heat.
- Add 1 tbs oil to a hot wok or large skillet, and stir-fry the red onion, red pepper, and garlic until the onion is transparent, about 3 minutes.
- Move the vegetables to the outside of the wok, and add 1 tbs oil and the pork to the center and stir-fry until no longer pink.
- Add the broccoli to the wok and mix in with the meat and cooked vegetables. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Pour the sauce into the wok and cook until the sauce thickens. Add the green onions and cook for 1 minute more.
- Spoon the stir-fry over the rice and enjoy!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!