Bok Choy-Broccoli Stir-Fry
photo by Bonnie G #2
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated gingerroot
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (to taste)
- 3 cups sliced fresh broccoli florets
- 1 - 1 1⁄2 lb bok choy, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar
- Heat oil in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat.
- Add onion, ginger, garlic, salt, and red pepper flakes; stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- Add in broccoli and bok choy; stir-fry for 1-2 minutes.
- Add lemon juice and sugar; stir-fry 3 minutes or until crisp-tender.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Oh my this was good. I had bok-choy left over in the fridge and needed something to use it up and was hoping for something my picky DGS would eat. This was perfect, he likes broccoli and if I'd used just bok-choy alone he wouldn't have even tried it. This went together fast and easy the flavors blended so well with the veggies looking so bright and pretty together and tasting crisp and fresh. I did add some red bell pepper just for added color and because I had it on hand and it was perfect.
Delicious! I served this stir-fry on a bed of brown basmati rice. I also added a can of sliced water chestnuts (drained). For some extra zing, I added some soy sauce, tamari sauce, rice wine vinegar, red chili paste, and toasted sesame oil. I topped each plate with a sprinkling of black and white sesame seeds. Get everything chopped and ready before starting the recipe. Easy and fast!