Jerk Sweet Potato Fries
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 lbs sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch wide strips
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons 'jerk' seasoning
- 1⁄2 cup allspice, ground
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon thyme, dried
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper, ground
- 2 teaspoons black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg, ground
- 1⁄2 teaspoon clove, ground
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Mix jerk seasoning together in a small bowl. Reserve 2 Tablespoons for use in recipe and keep the remainder in an air-tight container.
- Toss sweet potato slices in a bowl with vegetable, jerk seasoning and salt.
- Spread potatoes out onto a prepared baking sheet in a single layer.
- Bake for 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes until they are slightly browned.
- Transfer to a paper-towel lines plate and serve warm.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Back in the US after 10 years abroad. Good to be home and have good access to more familiar ingredients, however, I also loved all that I learned in my beloved adoptive country of Macedonia. I also had the privilege of running an American style bakery during my last 3 years in Skopje. Baking is my addiction, but I do love all sorts of cooking. My husband recently ended his 15 year low-carb lifestyle, so we are both busy packing on the pounds and being able to eat forbidden foods together now! Love it (but not how snug my pants are!).