Hui-Style Lamb Jiaozi (Chinese Dumplings)
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 1 lb ground lamb or 1 lb ground goat meat
- 1⁄4 lb minced lamb fat or 1/4 lb goat fat
- 4 green onions, chopped finely
- 10 garlic cloves, chopped finely
- 4 green chilies, chopped finely (jalapeno's are best)
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 100 dumpling wrappers
- Grind the meat and the fat. In a large bowl, combine them with the other ingredients and mix.
- Make the dumplings: take a small chunk of the meat mixture and put it in a dumpling wrapper. Pinch the dumpling together on the sides, and use a little water to make it stick.
- Boil a big pot of water and throw the dumplings into it. Boil them in small batches until they float. Scoop out with a slotted spoon or strainer.
- Serve in a bowl with a little of the cooking water over them covered with chopped chilis and cilantro, or on a plate. Serve with soy sauce, vinegar, raw garlic, chopped ginger, chili sauce.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm a former professional cook who's spent a lot of time in Asia. I make a lot of Chinese food. <br> <br>To work off the food, I'm obsessed with riding my bike.