Ground Beef Supreme Yumminess
photo by stonecoldcrazy
- Ready In:
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 mushrooms
- 1⁄3 cup onion
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon adobo seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄8 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- Shred cheese.
- Mix cheese, mayo, and crumbled bacon in bowl and set aside.
- Slice mushrooms.
- In a large frying pan heat up olive oil and add garlic and mushrooms. Saute until mushrooms are cooked (5-10 minutes).
- Add cooked mushrooms and garlic to mayo, cheese, bacon mixture and stir in lightly. Set this aside again.
- Put ground beef, onions, adobo, salt and pepper in frying pan and cook, crumbling beef, until meat is completely cooked. Turn off the heat and add mayo mixture, stirring until thoroughly mixed in with the ground beef mixture.
- Serve immediately!
This is "Gourmet Comfort Food" at its best. I made as posted with a couple of adjustments, I omitted the red pepper flakes and hot sauce (personal preference), sauteed the onions with the mushrooms and garlic. The flavor of this dish is out of this world. I served this over yellow rice and that seems to be a great combination. Thanks for posting this fabulous recipe, a keeper for sure and will be made often. Made for Fall 2011 PAC.
This was really good and great for an easy weeknight dinner. I used 6 mushrooms and next time I would use the full 8. I couldn't find adobo seasoning in my grocery store, so I just left it out since I did not know what a suitable substitute would be. I couldn't see where it said to add the red pepper flakes and Tabasco, so I added them after cooking and draining the ground beef. Thanks for sharing! Made for Spring PAC 2011.
I wanted to say thank you for posting this low carb recipe. It was simple and good. It used things that I have on hand. My computer would not load food.com when it was time to fix dinner so I made it from memory. I forgot the adobo seasoning. I am not being Dr Adkins carb strict so I added more chopped onion and mushrooms and garlic. Hubby said that he thought of it as a deconstructed bacon, mushroom cheese burger and that he would happily eat it again. I bet if I had remembered the adobo seasoning it would have been even better.
see 1 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Currently working as a mental health provider for the US Naval Hospital in Okinawa, Japan. I work in Deployment Health - counseling military members returning from war. I was a bartender for 13 years (so the move over to counseling was not too great a leap...) and when I have time, love to write. My passion is travel - especially to tropical locales and eating is also one of my favorite pastimes. As a result of the eating pastime, working out is one of my not- so-favorite, but very necessary, hobbies. I moved to Okinawa Japan 11 years ago (May 2006) and hope to be here until I get tired of the place (after that who knows?!). I love cooking but wish I had a sous chef and a dishwasher to do all the dirty work!