Green Bean Casserole
- Ready In:
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans cut green beans, drained
- 1 1⁄3 cups French-fried onions (French's)
- Combine soup, milk and pepper in a 1 1/2 qt baking dish; stir until blended.
- Stir in beans and 2/3 cup fried onions.
- Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes or until hot.
- Sprinkle with remaining 2/3 cup fried onions.
- Bake 5 more minutes or until onions are golden.
Questions & Replies
see 4 more questions
This was a huge hit of Thanksgiving and I will definitely be making again for Christmas. Here is what I did differently however.<br/>Used 1/2 chopped white onion. <br/>Used fresh green beans, boiled for 10 minutes then dunked in icewater<br/>Took 1 package bacon and cut off two inches of the end, ten chopped the ends into bits.<br/>Cooked onion and bacon, added in green beans in large skillet<br/>Added cream of mushroom soup and half of the french's onions. Mixed and baked for 20 minutes<br/>Pulled casserole out, put the rest of frenchs onions on top and baked another 10 minutes
see 133 more reviews
Don't wait for the holidays to enjoy this casserole, it's yummy any time of the year. I prepared this dish tonight with a baked ham, mashed potatoes and gravy and biscuits. I prepared the recipe as written except I used condensed cream of chicken soup instead of the mushroom soup due to family preference; this change worked out very well. It was so easy and quick to prepare which is always a plus for me. Thanks butterflyday for contributing a recipe that helped make our meal shine.
see 11 more tweaks