Glazed Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins
Super moist lemon poppy seed muffins are topped with sweet and tangy lemon icing.
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup kefir or 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 3 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- In a mixing bowl, combine sugar, lemon zest, flour, baking soda, baking powder, sea salt and poppy seeds.
- In a separate bowl, mix and combine eggs, kefir and vanilla extract. Add cooled, melted butter. Mix and combine.
- Add lemon juice and stir to combine all liquids.
- Add egg mixture to dry ingredients and stir just until moistened. Batter should be lumpy!
- Spoon batter into 12 muffin tin cups lined with paper liners. Bake in the oven for 12-16 minutes at 200°C until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Cool muffins on a wire rack about 5 minutes, then drizzle the glaze over each muffin. Remove from muffins pan and slip off paper liners.
- Lemon glaze: combine sifted powdered sugar and lemon juice; mix, adding additional lemon juice or sugar, until consistency of glaze can be drizzled from a spoon.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION