Garlic Cream Cheese Portabella Sandwich
- Ready In:
- 2 thin whole grain buns
- 2 portabella mushroom caps
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 slices onions
- 10 baby arugula leaves
- 2 ounces fat free cream cheese, softened
- 2 garlic cloves, minced separately
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 dash Frank's red hot sauce
- Scrape the bitter gills out of the mushroom cap. Melt butter in saute pan. Add one of the garlic cloves, then saute the mushroom caps on both sides until tender, about 5-7 mintues depending on thickness.
- Combine the cream cheese, remaining garlic clove, garlic powder, mustard, worchestershire, paprika and hot sauce.
- Spread the garlic cream cheese on the buns, then assemble the mushrooms, onions and greens in sandwich form.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!