Pistachio Dust Firni
photo by League of Kitchens
- Ready In:
- 2 cups cold whole milk
- 1⁄3 cup cornstarch
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sifted freshly ground cardamom pod
- 1⁄4 cup slivered almonds
- 1⁄4 cup ground pistachios, for garnish
- Pour about 1/2 cup of the milk into a small bowl, and the rest into a medium saucepan. Whisk the cornstarch with the milk in the bowl until smooth, and then add it to the milk in the saucepan. Whisk in the sugar and cardamom. Cook over medium-high heat, whisking constantly to avoid lumps and it sticking to the bottom, until it’s gently bubbling and thick like cream of wheat, for 4 to 6 minutes.
- Stir in the almonds. Continue to whisk for 2 more minutes. Take off the heat and pour into a totally dry 9-inch diameter and 3 1/2-inch deep serving bowl (it fills halfway). Let cool for about 30 minutes at room temperature. Then put in the refrigerator and chill until soft but firm, about 1 1/2 hours.
- Sprinkle with ground pistachios and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!