Everything Bagel Rugelach
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- 1 1⁄2 cups unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 12 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 large egg, for egg wash
For everything bagel seasoning
- 1 tablespoon poppy seed
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon dried onion flakes
- 1 tablespoon dried garlic flakes
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 large egg
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced, divided
- In a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together butter and sugar on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add cream cheese and continue mixing, 2 minutes more, scraping down sides of bowl as necessary. Reduce speed to low and add flour, salt, and pepper. Mix until just incorporated.
- Divide dough in half and form into two discs. Wrap tightly in plastic wrap and chill, at least 1 hour and up to overnight.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl stir together poppy seeds, sesame seeds, onion flakes, garlic flakes, and salt and set aside. In a medium bowl, stir together cream cheese, egg, and 1⁄2 sliced scallions and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Remove chilled dough from refrigerator and allow to temper, 15-30 minutes. Unwrap first disc and transfer to a lightly floured work surface. Lightly flour surface of dough and, using a floured rolling pin, roll out dough to an approximately 14” diameter circle. Using a 12” round cake pan or large bowl as a guide, trim edges of dough to form a neat circle. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Divide cream cheese mixture between the two circles and spread into a thin layer over each. Sprinkle with everything bagel seasoning and scatter remaining scallions on top. Using a pizza cutter, divide each circle into 16 wedges. Starting with the wide edge, roll each wedge into a crescent shape and transfer to two parchment-lined baking sheets, spacing about 2” apart. Transfer cookies to refrigerator and chill, 45 minutes to an hour.
- In a small bowl, whisk together egg and 1 t. water. Remove cookies from refrigerator and brush lightly with egg wash. Sprinkle with additional everything bagel seasoning and bake, rotating once halfway through, until golden, 25-30 minutes. Allow to cool slightly on baking sheets, 10 minutes, before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hungry for good food AND great conversation? Food.com boasts a smorgasbord of over 500,000 recipes and a community-inspired activity feed that allows our users to add reviews, tweaks, questions and photos to their favorite recipes. Grab a plate and join the fun!