Elvis' Gooey Butter Cake
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
15-20 slices of cake
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1 egg
- 8 tablespoons butter, melted
- whipped cream, for garnish (optional)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 1 whole banana
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups powdered sugar (16 oz package)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine the cake mix, egg, and butter together and mix well. Pat into a lightly greased glass 13 by 9-inch baking pan. Prepare the filling.
- Beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add the eggs and vanilla. Add the peanut butter; beat. Add the banana and butter and mix well. Add the powdered sugar and mix well. Spread over the cake mixture. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes. You want the center to be a little gooey, so do not over bake. Top each cake slice with a mint leaf and dollop of whipped cream.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a happily married mother of three, originally from New York, and currently residing in Florida. I believe that the fondest memories of life are marked by flavor. I have tasted foods from all around the world, and I must say, food is a big part of my family's life, and a big passion of mine!