Easy Gourmet Chicken for a Crowd
- Ready In:
- 3hrs 15mins
- 2 medium onions, diced
- 2 large orange peppers, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 25 chicken pieces (I used breast tenders)
- 1 (26 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup, family size
- 1 (26 ounce) can cream of chicken soup, family size
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1 1⁄2 - 2 cups white wine (not sweet)
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground thyme
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- Grease either two 13x 9 pans or one large half sheet cake pan.
- Arrange chicken tenders in pan(s).
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Heat oil in large skillet.
- Saute onions and peppers till soft.
- Add garlic to skillet about halfway through to let flavors blend.
- Arrange over chicken.
- Combine soups, wine, lemon juice and spices.
- Pour over chicken.
- Cover and bake for 3 hours.
- Serve over rice or noodles. I Served it with sticky rice and a salad.
- The 'gravy' came out perfect consistency for me, but it could be thickened with a cornstarch paste or thinned by adding chicken broth.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I made this chicken for a large crowd of 30, without testing the recipe first. I followed the recipe, except i didn't have any coriander and i substituted cumin. it was super easy and fast to prepare, and the end result was, everyone loved it. i recommend this dish, it is also a great idea for making to portion off and freeze.
I used this recipe for 60 people. I actually forgot 3 of the spices and it still tasted great. I only tripped the soups needed however I did 4x's of everything else. Everyone said it tasted great! The recipe was nice and easy just the way I like them!!! For 60 people I used 20 lbs of Chicken tenderloins. I served it with smashed red skin potatoes.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am an artist. I paint primarily with watercolors, but simply love creating in whatever medium is handy. I love to cook, especially with fresh herbs and vegetables. I highly flavor everything I make. Love to be creative. Love to learn. Love to laugh. <img src="http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg271/MrsTeny/Permanent%20Collection/PACSpring09Iwasadopted.jpg">