Creamy Ranch Pasta Salad
photo by Linky
- Ready In:
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2⁄3 cup ranch dressing
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- black pepper
- 1 lb rotini pasta (or similar shape)
- 2 -3 cups fresh broccoli florets, cut bite-sized
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch strips
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 4 ounces monterey jack cheese or 4 ounces mozzarella cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- Cook pasta in a large pot of salted water. When pasta is almost tender (about 2 minutes from done) add broccoli. Return to a boil and continue cooking until pasta is al dente and broccoli is crisp-tender. Drain and rinse with cold water. Drain again and return to pot; add bell pepper and chill while preparing dressing.
- Prepare dressing by combining all ingredients in a medium-sized bowl and stirring thoroughly. Taste and adjust seasonings.
- When salad is cool enough, add cheese cubes (you don't want them to melt) and dressing. Stir well to combine and transfer to a large bowl or casserole dish. Serve chilled.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in the Dallas area with my man, our dogs and our cat. I have a job as an bookkeeper/office manager for a catering company (yum) and like just about everyone else here at 'Zaar, I love to cook! I also love hiking and backpacking, so I like to try and devise exciting and tasty meals that can be prepared in the backcountry. I'm always looking for new dishes to try, or ways to make old dishes new again. I have a big brick fire pit in the backyard that my man built, so I've been exploring ways to cook in it, over it, etc. I have a very food-oriented family. Many of us have food-related careers and we use any occasion as an excuse to eat and drink. I wouldn't have it any other way!