Colorado Green Chili
photo by Jennibear
- Ready In:
- 1 lb pork roast
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 4 tablespoons oil, to saute
- 1 (10 ounce) can original rotel
- 2 (4 ounce) cans diced green chilies
- 1 (12 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (3 ounce) carton chicken broth
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes (maggi)
- 1 teaspoon salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 cup water
- Heat oil in a large sauce pot. Brown pork pieces until browned. Add onion and garlic. Cook for 1 minute. Add rotel, green chilis, tomato sauce, chicken broth, bouillon, salt and pepper and spices. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
- In a mason jar - combine flour and water - give it 100 shakes to combine. Bring pot to a boil and add flour mixture. Let boil for 5 minutes while stirring to thicken. Reduce heat back to simmer. Eat!
- Add more Cumin and ground Red pepper to make it spicier. Also jalepeno can be added.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!