Chunky Chicken Vegetable Soup
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 lb chicken breast, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 2 cups assorted fresh vegetables, cut up (sliced carrots, broccoli florets, and chopped red peppers)
- 1 (2/3 ounce) envelope Italian salad dressing mix
- 1⁄2 cup instant rice, uncooked
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Cook chicken in hot oil; in large saucepan on medium high heat for 5 minutes or until cooked through.
- Add broth, water, vegetables and salad dressing mix. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low; cover. Simmer 5 minutes.
- Stir in rice and parsley; cover. Remove from heat Let stand 5 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This is FANTASTIC soup!!! I did add maybe 1/2 t. of chicken bouillon granules to the mix. I used some leftover cooked chicken I had, I sauteed it lightly with a little bit of garlic. I used three cups veggies and cut the starch down to 1/4c. (I used orzo) as I like my soupd heavier on the veggies. For the veggies I used carrots, mushrooms, onion, zucchini, broccoli and with the pasrley I added some roasted red pepper. I will make this over and over again....the veggie combinations are dancing in my head. Thanks so much for sharing this.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a Californian born and raised. I have 2 little girls and the world's best husband. I love to cook and try new things. I am currently in Dental Hygiene school so have no time to think let alone cook so right now fast and easy is the name of the game! <img src="http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e110/flower753/Food/my3chefsnov2008.jpg">