Chuck Roast Winner
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
So totally easy roast meal! Even those that are cooking challenged can fix this with ease!
- Ready In:
- 3hrs 5mins
- 1 (2 -3 lb) chuck roast
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) packet dry onion soup mix
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- Worcestershire sauce
- 1.In a baking dish that your roast will fit in, place aluminum foil both width ways and length ways - you will be sealing the roast in the foil so make them long strips.
- Place the roast on top of the foil.
- Completely cover the roast with worcestershire sauce. There really isn't a measurement - just cover the roast.
- Place the cream of celery soup on the roast - covering the roast.
- Sprinkle the dry onion soup on top of the celery soup.
- Seal the roast with the foil.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 2-3 hours. (depends on the size of roast) This is wonderful with a baked potato and corn. It makes its own gravy so mashed potatoes would work as well.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I can't believe I'm only the 2nd person to review this one. It is VERY good (even though I cooked it about 20 minutes too long). Next time I will bake for 1 hour per pound and take it out of the oven to finish cooking on its own the last 15 minutes. BTW, the gravy that it magically made inside the foil was TO DIE FOR! Wow...what a nice bonus! I served mine with a baked potato and recipe #109624 (peas and mushrooms). I will make this one OFTEN! Thank You So Much! I have to update: after 2 years I have probably made this about a thousand times. I don't use the soup mix at all. Just season your meat with your favorite blend instead and bake an hour per pound. Perfect every time.Reply
see 14 more