From "Down Home Picnic", Good Food Magazine, May 1987.
- Ready In:
- 3⁄4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons Bourbon or 2 tablespoons dark rum
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 9 ounces semisweet chocolate, cut into large chunks
- 1 1⁄2 cups coarsely chopped macadamia nuts
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Butter 13x9-inch baking pan.
- Using electric mixer, cream butter and both sugars in mixer bowl until light. Add eggs and nix until blended. Mix in bourbon and vanilla.
- Sift flour and baking soda together and add to batter. Mix on low speed just until blended. Stir in chocolate and nuts. Spread dough evenly in prepared pan.
- Bake until wooden pick inserted in center comes out nearly clean, about 25 minutes. Let cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into 24 bars.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION