Chocolate Cherry "dump" Cake
- Ready In:
- 2 (21 ounce) cans cherry pie filling
- 1 (16 ounce) box chocolate cake mix
- 1 cup butter, sliced into 12 pieces each
- 2 1⁄4 ounces of chopped pecans
- 1⁄8 cup white sugar
- Dump the 2 cans of cherry pie filling into the bottom of the pan.
- Sprinkle the box of chocolate cake mix evenly on top of that.
- Distribute the butter slices on top of the cake mix.
- Spread the pecans evenly over the butter and cake mix.
- Fianally, sprinkle the sugar over all.
- Bake in the oven for 30-45 minutes and serve warm!
- This is also delicious with a scoop of vanilla ice cream!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I've decided to update my profile as I have recently returned to work from maternity leave (which is one year in Canada! I took 14 months) and am struggling with getting dinner on the table. I want to spend as much time as I can with my son and my husband and want to be able to cook a great dinner too. I have started to look for recipes that I can make ahead and recipes that I can use my crockpot. I have also started to include my son in the cooking process but all he's really interested in is throwing everything off the counter! I am a persistant person, so I'm determined to make him a good cook someday! I live in Niagara Falls, Ontario. It's a great place to call home. Lots of seasonal veggies and of course the best wine in the world!! For those of you who don't know, the Niagara Peninsula is located at the same longitude and latitude as famous wine regions in Italy. Therefore, the wine industry is a major economic factor in my area. I love to use various wines in my recipes and of course I like to drink it too! I love to entertain and to include the "wow" factor in every meal. I think that's why I'm struggling with dinners as I don't want to make an "ordinary" meal. I have been using Zaar for a few years now. Now that I've returned to work, I'm using it a lot more. Thanks to everyone who has taken the time to post recipes, take pictures, and review others' recipes. <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/Adopted1smp.jpg" border="0" alt="Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket">