Chinese Chicken Salad (Houston's Copycat)
- Ready In:
- 8 cups mixed salad greens
- 1 large carrot, julienne cut
- 2 grilled chicken breasts, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup lime juice
- 7 tablespoons honey
- 4 teaspoons honey mustard
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons hot water
- 4 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- In a small bowl, combine the lime dressing ingredients and mix well.
- In a large bowl, combine the salad greens, carrots, sliced chicken and tortilla strips.
- Pour the lime dressing over the salad and toss to combine.
- Transfer the salad to 4 salad plates.
- In another bowl, combine the ingredients for the peanut sauce and mix well.
- Drizzle each salad with the peanut sauce and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
this was deliscious!! although i did have to change a few things to make it so good. to the peanut sauce i added 2-3tbsp more peanut butter, used about 1tbsp peanut oil and 1 tsp sesame oil, used fresh ginger, added 2tbsp more honey and added about 6-8tsp of the lime dressing to the peanut sauce - wow - so good!! also i put this dressing and sauce over a regular old sald (mixed greens, red pepper, celery, grated carrot, avocado, cucumber.)