photo by slickchick
- Ready In:
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese, fine shredded
- Melt butter over medium heat.
- Add mushrooms and shallots and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Cook 10 minutes.
- Add chicken and cook 10 minutes on each side, or until no longer pink in the middle.
- Transfer chicken to a platter and sprinkle with cheese.
- Top with mushroom mixture.
- Cover and let stand for 5 minutes or until cheese melts.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Really Really good...Paula Deen, always good. I did cut down the butter a bit and used half the chicken for just my husband and myself but kept the rest of the ingredients the same. We loved it served with cheese grits and a strawberry salad. We'll definitely make this again. Thanks for posting the recipe :)
I had tried just about every Paula Deen recipe there was but always glossed over this one because of the simple ingedients but this is SOOOOO good and has become one of our favorites. I usually add garlic. The butter, chicken juices and shallot sauce is heavenly. Serve this with a big crusty roll to make sure you get all of the juices. YUM!
This was REALLY, REALLY good! Far better than the simple ingredients might suggest. I dusted the chicken with salt and pepper, as well as McCormick's Herb Chicken Seasoning, and served with rice Pilaf, and veggies, and it was an outstanding meal, in a flash! There is no doubt this will be a regular meal in our home!
WOW, WOW, and WOW. This recipe is FANTASTIC!!!!! It was so easy to make and it taste so good. My DH and I both agree that this is now 1 of our top 5 recipes. I did sprinkle the chicken with some seasoning salt as you suggested. Used an 8oz container of mushrooms and didn't have an shallots so used green onions. I also added fresh garlic to step 2. Thank you so much kuntryqtpi for taking the time to submit this wonderful recipe:)
see 6 more reviews