Chicken Fajita Soup
- Ready In:
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped medium
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 envelope fajita seasoning mix
- 2 cans chicken broth
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 can Rotel Tomatoes
- 2 cups milk
- 1 bag tortilla chips
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- In a non stick skillet over medium heat cook together the chicken, onions and garlic.
- Remove from heat and chop the chicken into bite sized pieces, scrap the onions and garlic into a large saucepan or soup pot.
- Add the chicken and the envelope of fajita mix.
- Toss to coat the chicken.
- Add remaining ingredients and cook on medium for around 40 minutes, stirring often to prevent sticking.
- Break up tortilla chips into largish pieces to make 2 cups.
- Place 1/2 cup of chips in each of 4 bowls, and 1/2 cup of cheddar in each of 4 bowls.
- Ladle on the soup and offer more chips and cheese at the table if you wish.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!