Chicken and Asparagus Salad with Strawberry Dressing
A beautiful and delicious Spring salad.
- Ready In:
- 1 cup cut fresh asparagus, 1 inch pieces,steamed until crisp-tender
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 cups european blend salad greens
- 1 cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups sliced strawberries
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cooked and sliced crosswise
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup coarsely chopped and toasted walnuts or 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 5 fresh strawberries, halved lengthwise
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- Add lemon juice to a small bowl; dip avocado slices in lemon juice and set the avocado aside.
- In a big salad bowl, add salad greens, asparagus, cucumber, avocado, 1 1/2 cup strawberries, and chicken; toss to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle with nuts.
- For dressing: add strawberries and orange juice to a blender or food processor; cover and process until smooth; pour puree into a bowl.
- Add remaining dressing ingredients; stir to combine.
- Pour dressing over salad; toss to coat.
- Serve immediately.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation