Green Salad With Strawberry Balsamic Vinaigrette
This salad lends itself to many variations- try using spinach, or adding almonds or candied walnuts, maybe even a little goat cheese. A Rachael Ray recipe.
- Ready In:
- 2 teaspoons strawberry jam
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, eyeball it
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 pint strawberry, sliced
- 4 -5 cups chopped romaine lettuce or 4 -5 cups mixed greens, of any kind
- Place jam in a medium bowl and whisk in vinegar then extra-virgin olive oil. Season the dressing with salt and pepper. Add the strawberries and greens to bowl and toss to coat evenly in dressing.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
I only made the dressing and put it over a chopped salad with crumbled bacon and egg to mimic my favorite restaurant salad and it was exactly what I was looking for. The dressing was a little thick for my taste so I'll probably add some more oil or maybe some water (?) next time but I know I will be making this in large quantities and using it frequently! Thanks for a wonderful recipe that saves me $6 or $8 and a trip out to eat!
This is a really delicious salad! I used one of the reviewers hints about doubling the strawberry jam and glad I did - the dressing is so tasty over baby spinach and slivered almonds. I had goat cheese crumbles but forgot to add them but no worry, I'm for sure making this again real soon! I made this again a month later and added the feta crumbles - an absolutely incredible salad!