Cheesecake Factory Luau Salad
- Ready In:
- 6 cups mixed greens
- 3 chicken breasts, grilled & sliced into thin strips
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced into thin strips
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced into thin strips
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh green beans, blanched, cut into 3-inch pieces
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- 1 red onion, cut into small pieces
- 1 fresh mango, cut into small pieces
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup balsamic vinaigrette
- 1⁄4 cup seasoned rice vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 8 (6 inch) egg roll wraps, fried crisp
- 4 ounces sweet and sour sauce
- 4 ounces macadamia nuts, toasted and chopped
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 4 ounces carrots, peeled, sliced into 1-inch thin strips
- 1 ounce green onion, sliced into 1-inch thin strips
- Place the lettuce mix, chicken, bell peppers, green beans, cucumber slices, red onion, and mango, into a large mixing bowl. Season the ingredients with salt and pepper.
- Whisk together the balsamic vinaigrette (your favorite choice), seasoned rice vinegar, granulated sugar, and sesame oil. Drizzle the dressing into the bowl with the salad ingredients, and gently toss together.
- Brush a little sweet and sour sauce onto each crispy egg roll wrapper. Build the salad in each serving bowl with alternating layers of salad mixture, a crispy glazed egg roll wrapper, more salad mixture, another crispy glazed egg roll wrapper and then the remaining salad mixture.
- Sprinkle the macadamia nuts and sesame seeds all over each salad.
- Garnish each salad with some thin sliced carrots and green onions.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Good recipe from the Cheesecake Factory website. Prep time of 20 minutes however is so totally misleading. Maybe 20 minutes to stack the salad but by the time you have washed and sliced all the veggies, fried the egg roll wrappers, grilled the chicken, chopped and toasted macadamia nuts etc etc. it is much much much longer.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
My secret indulgence? Grocery Shopping. I can literally spend hours roaming up and down the aisles of a Supermarket. Sound crazy? Not if you're a self described "Foodie" like me. I am fortunate enough to live in the city of Vancouver, British Columbia. The food community here is very rich in diversity, which has allowed me to sample tasty treats from all over the planet right here at home. Aside from the Supermarket, there are tons of smaller Ethnic Grocery Stores, Butcher shops and Bakeries here in the city. Vancouver is also home to the Granville Island Public Market - a food lovers haven! Imagine over 100 fresh produce, local seafood, speciatly meat and gourmet shops all in the same building... no wonder I love cooking so much! <a href="http://www.stickergiant.com/cooking-with-wine_y8565.html"> <img src="http://www.stickergiant.com/Merchant2/imgs/250/y8565.gif" width="300"height="250"border="0" alt="Cooking With Wine"></a>