Cake Mix and Oats Cookies
photo by Momma21
- Ready In:
- 1 (18 ounce) box cake mix (Devil's Food or Swiss Chocolate is a favorite in my house to use, original recipe calls for Spice Ca)
- 1 3⁄4 cups quick oats
- 3 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup raisins, chocolate chips, nuts, dried fruit
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- Mix all ingredients thoroughly in a bowl by hand with spoon/spatula. A whisk of any kind does not work well. I prefer to add the oats last, and slowly, mixing after each little addition. Batter will be stiff; not cake like.
- Drop by rounded spoonful onto greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 7-9 minutes, until set and slightly brown on top, careful not to over bake.
- Upon removing from oven, let sit for a minute or two on cookie sheet. Then remove to wax/parchment paper for cooling.
- Store in an air tight container and enjoy!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Amateur foodie, love to cook and bake. Sometimes things go well, sometimes, they don't. I try all the same! <br> <br>Good recipes to me are simple, quick, tasteful, and inexpensive but have an expensive presentation.