Butternut Squash Soup With Cheese Ravioli
- Ready In:
- 4 lbs butternut squash
- 4 (14 1/2 ounce) cans vegetable broth
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 (9 ounce) packages cheese ravioli
- 2 tablespoons molasses (optional)
- Peel Squash. Halve lengthwise. Remove seeds and discard. Cut squash into 3/4 inch pieces.
- Combine squash, broth, water, and ground red pepper in a large pot. Cook, covered, over medium heat for 20 minutes or until squash is tender.
- Transfer 2 cups of the squash-broth mixture to a blender container. Carefully blend, covered, until smooth. Repeat with remaining cooked mixture, blending 2 cups at a tme.
- Return blended mixture to large pot. Bring just to boiling. Immediately reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes. Add the butter or margarine; stir until just melted.
- Prepare ravioli according to package directions.Drain.Ladle hot soup mixture into bowls.
- Divide the cooked ravioli among individual bowls. Drizzle with molasses (optional).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!