- Ready In:
- 1⁄3 cup peanut oil
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Kitchen Bouquet
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- Heat oil on medium high in skillet.
- When oil is hot, wisk in flour and continue to wisk until this roux gets to the color of peanut butter or a little darker. Be careful. Once it begins to brown it will darken until it is burned. If this happens, start over.
- When roux is right darkness, remove from heat and pour in broth while wisking. It will blend and become smooth. Add beef dripping now if you have it.
- Return to medium low heat and add the rest of the ingredients and stir until the flavors are blended.
- Stir occasionally to prevent a skin from forming.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!