Bok Choy and Chicken
- Ready In:
- 1 large bok choy
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 3 -8 cloves garlic, minced (depending on size and your taste)
- 1⁄4 cup dry sherry or 1/4 cup cooking sherry
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce (I prefer Kikkoman)
- 2 -3 tablespoons oil (just enough to coat the bottom of the pan)
- Wash bok choy very well.
- Slice across the leaf at about 1/2 inch intervals.
- Discard the bottom when you get to the part with no green on it.
- Drain thoroughly.
- Chop chicken breasts into 1/2 to 1 inch chunks.
- Heat oil in a wok or large, high-sided frying pan with a lid over medium heat.
- When oil is hot, add garlic.
- Saute for a few seconds, then add chicken.
- Saute until slightly browned all over (no pink showing on the outside).
- Add bok choy and stir-fry for about half a minute, until just wilted.
- Add soy sauce and sherry.
- Cover and cook until chicken is done; about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Serve over steamed white rice with soy sauce or teriyaki sauce.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
4/15/08 I was looking for a new way of using Bok Choy, which was simple, fast and tasty. This was definitly it. I disagree with Chris's review, this is a very tasty recipe and I will cook this again. The only slight suggestion I would make is to use Lite Soy Sauce. For health reasons as well as taste, the soy sauce was just a tad strong. Thank you for posting.