Thick Blueberry Sauce
photo by moonpoodle
- Ready In:
- Mix flour and sugar well in a small bowl.
- In a heavy saucepan, bring blueberries and water to a boil.
- Add flour and sugar mixture and cook until it thickens.
- Remove from heat and add lemon juice.
- Great over cheesecake, pancakes, or ice cream.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
A wonderful sauce that really MADE our waffles. I did add about 1/3 cup of hot water to the finished sauce, which made it velvety smooth. Thanks Bert for posting! UPDATE: I add the sugar/flour to the cold water first so I don't get white lumps. Also, I decrease the sugar/flour by about half. Roxygirl
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I love to cook and so I am thrilled that I found recipezaar. I work as an educational assistant in a food school so I am around food all day long. I have four children, three of which have already flown the coop so to speak but I still have my 'baby' at home. (He's 21). I am lucky in that I have my summers off so I spend a lot of time trying new recipes and catching up on my reading. I also play soccer in a ladies league to stay in shape.