photo by Jonathan Melendez
- Ready In:
- 1 beef bone (marrow or femur, preferably quartered lengthwise)
- 1 pinch celery salt
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- 1 pinch garlic salt
- 4 1⁄2 ounces vodka (or aquavit)
- 1 cup tomato juice (chilled)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 drops hot sauce (like Tabasco)
- 1 lemon (sliced)
- 1 celery heart (divided)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Sprinkle marrow bone (whole or in pieces) with celery salt, table salt, and garlic salt. Roast for 15 minutes or until nicely browned. There should still be some unrendered fat in the marrow.
- Scrape out marrow, chop it finely, and set aside. If using the bones for garnish, return them to the hot oven to brown a little more.
- Combine the marrow with the vodka, tomato juice, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, and hot sauce, and shake well. (Alternatively, you can reserve all of the marrow to use as a garnish.) Pour into 4 glasses and garnish with the optional roasted bones plus lemon slices and celery.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!