Best Banana Bread
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 bananas, finely crushed (for serious and extreme moist and delicious, try 4 bananas)
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla (optional)
- Remove odd pots and pans from oven.
- Preheat oven to 350º / 180º.
- Cream together butter and sugar.
- Add eggs and crushed bananas.
- Combine well.
- Sift together flour, soda and salt. Add to creamed mixture. Add vanilla.
- Mix just until combined. Do not overmix.
- Pour into greased and floured loaf pan.
- Bake at 350º / 180º for 55 minutes.
- Keeps well, refrigerated.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
I like to add sour cream, about half cup, as well as some Baking powder to help the rise a bit half tsp with the Baking soda. I soak some apricot bits ,dried, in some oj or water to soften and add them with some toasted chopped walnuts.Sprinkle some course sugar on top before baking to make a nice shiny crust on top. Experiment is good!
I don't think I have any tweaks, maybe a happy accident or two. When I added the vanilla I spilled a bit so it was probably more like a full teaspoon. I had 2 large overly ripe bananas and 1 small barely ripe banana. Everything still came together well and considering this was my first attempt at banana bread ever, it turned out amazing. I like chocolate chips or chunks in mine so I might experiment next time.